Monday, October 10, 2011

Sign of the Week - "More"

This week I thought I would get back to more of an Everyday sign.

I used this sign with my kids mostly at the dinner table during meals. I would give them a bite of their food, and then ask if they wanted "More" of that food (ex: More Carrots, More Cereal).

This is a sign that you will want watch for 'sign approximations'. These are your child's early attempts at making the sign, but they aren't quite the exact sign. With the sign for 'more', your child may clap their hands together, or make a sign that looks more like 'shoes'. So, just make sure as your child starts becoming more aware of the signs, and you know they are attempting them, that you are watching their movements more closely. What you thought was just clapping, may actually be signing! ;)




No comments: